Friday, August 9, 2013

The Still.


“I loved the quiet places in Kyoto, the places that held the world within a windless moment. Inside the temples, Nature held her breath. All longing was put to sleep in the stillness, and all was distilled into a clean simplicity.” ~ Pico Iyer
 
The Still  by Tara Lemieux

somewhere in the 'middle morning'
before the first light of day
and the last of the evening's mist

and in between the rushed cars
procession, but just before
the brilliant roast tempts me to wake..

there comes so welcome
this quiet hush, the world is at ease
asleep and nestled deep within

the still.

I find my peace.. my first breath, deep,
touch my cheek.. stirs me to wake..
 surrounds me,
with it's soothing embrace..

the still.

and in that hour between
sleep is quick to fall, and the last
few moments sifting through these thoughts of day...

i find you here, my dear...
again, in this moment,
and always...

still...

No comments:

Post a Comment