Friday, August 30, 2013

The Purpose of Being Late.



My dears, my most beautiful friends...I am embarrassed to say, that I had a bit of a late start this morning.

You see, we writers are often distracted by the littlest of things that tend to get swished away into the noise of everyone elses' day...

And, we can't help it, really...as each of our senses are continuously tuning in...waiting...watching...hoping for Inspiration to find us here, once again... 

We writers are the watchers of this world, caretakers of sorts...bringing into view with our most simple words what otherwise might get lost along the way...

So that others might finally see the 'glint of light on broken glass' under the richness of the morning's waning moonlight...and as the dew drips along the length of tree's leaves.

This world is calling you, my dears... begging you please to come back this way....

To pause, one simple moment and long enough...to see...

This richness of life that is left often unseen...

And, just a moment longer to realize... that the brilliance of moonlight is born from our soul...


So, what is it that caused me to slow my pace this day?

Just these few simple words....and the gift they carried with them on this day. 

"You could calm a storm with your tone
And the way you sing, makes the mockingbird hold
The grass you walk on, gives way
Saying please, please, come back this way"
And so, my dears...when this most beautiful Earth calls...stop, please, and listen...

As I promise you, it's only purpose is to steal your breath away... 

So, let the rest of this world wait...just for today, who cares...be late...

Even if 'late' results in spending this day with a bit of grass stuck to one's head...  ;)

Much love, my most beautiful friends ~ and I hope you enjoy my photo to you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment