Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Littlest of Creatures Who Urged Me to Stay.




“When you run after your thoughts, you are like a dog chasing a stick; every time a stick is thrown, you run after it. But if, instead, you look at where your thoughts are coming from, you will see that each thought arises and dissolves within the space of that awareness, without engendering other thoughts. Be like a lion, who rather than chasing after the stick, turns to face the thrower. One only throws a stick at a lion once.”

~ H.H. Dilgo Kyentse

I was feeling just a bit unsettled today, my early morning rituals disrupted by the immediacy of these other 'even more pressing things at hand.'


And, as I watched the squirrels take morning chase along my garden wall, smiling at the absolute simplicity of their unmitigated bliss ~ I realized, not all of them were caught up in the flurry of their day.

You see, just off to the side and peeking back to me with the silliest of grins, was the kindest of creatures urging me to 'stay'...

And, I had to smile just then as I realized...that I was the one creating this chaos today.

Sometimes this life can seem to keep an impossible pace, but in reality it's the very pace we have chosen for ourselves.

We end up losing ourselves in this flurry of 'stacking and sorting' ~ that the truest essence of our very being seems to be quickly fading away.

My dears, we are so very much more than our task lists might say...

So, why not...just for today...we make room on this list for 'stay'...?

You know, I have it on very good authority that this is really the only way to begin our day... 

Much love, my most beautiful friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment