Thursday, June 20, 2013

Your Most Delightful Question of the Day.

I had the most delightful question asked of me just yesterday by one of the 3-year-old neighborhood boys.

He had been staring thoughtfully at our neighbor's newest acquisition - a pair of god-awful, plastic 'bronzed' deer lawn ornaments.

"Do you like the deer," I asked, already somewhat knowing his answer.

"No," he said, "they're too small" his face still scrunched tightly in little-boy disapproval.

"Oh, yes I see your point," I offered, sensing there was just a bit more. "Anything else?"

To which he replied, and only after a few more moments lost in face-scrunching thought...

"I just was wondering if the deers think the same things we think when we see the peoples (translation: mannequins) at the mall?"

Well, now, that's certainly something to consider, isn't it?

I delight in these moments when I'm able to see the world through a 3-year-old's view.




No comments:

Post a Comment