Sunday, June 16, 2013

To Be Grateful - Your Most Amazing Quote of the Day.


“Sometimes the completely open heart and mind of bhodichitta is called the soft spot, a place as vulnerable and tender as an open wound. It is equated, in part, with our ability to love. [...]
Sometimes this broken heart gives birth to anxiety and panic, sometimes to anger, resentment, and blame. But under the hardness of that armor there is the tenderness of genuine sadness.
This is our link with all those who have ever loved.
This genuine heart of sadness can teach us great compassion. It can humble us when we're arrogant and soften us when we are unkind. It awakens us when we prefer to sleep and pierces through our indifference.
This continual ache of the heart is a blessing that when accepted fully can be shared with all." ~ Pema Chödrön
I have experienced many challenges in my life—and for each one I am eternally grateful.

I am grateful for each day I worried that there wasn't possibly enough. 

I am grateful for each night I lay awake wondering "will I ever make it through?"

I am grateful for every doctor who has told me "there's simply nothing more we can do."

I am grateful for every person who has ever doubted my spirit, called me names, or tried desperately to destroy my spirit. 

Because, with each bump, bruise, busted knee and bloodied up scrape along life's path...my heart has stretched and flexed just a little more.

Without which my spirit might never have grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment