Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Voice That Speaks Inside.

“There is a voice inside of you
That whispers all day long,
"I feel this is right for me,
I know that this is wrong."
No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
Or wise man can decide
What's right for you--just listen to
The voice that speaks inside.”
                  
Shel Silverstein
I don't know what made me think back to this most brilliant passage. Some things in life I suppose just 'stick' a little more so than the others...and always, it seems for a most compelling reason. 

We all have this voice within us. It calls out to us in the middle of our darkest night and urges to take just that one 'next step forward'...

And in spite of all our fears and notions of doom and failure....still we listen, we listen to our 'voice' inside. 

And, this voice...it is our greatest friend, our most precious gift...

It is an irrepressible, indomitable force...connecting us always to those dreams that reside within the farthest reaches of our most spiritual being...

A dear friend shared this with me this morning:
"Having a dream is awesome.

Having a dream and showing up every day, even when nothing seems to be happening, is priceless.

But having a dream and showing up every day, while sauntering, winking, and hugging everyone, is when the floodgates begin to tremble."
So, today, my most beautiful friends ~ I shall be listening closely to that voice that speaks inside.

Much love, and namaste ~





No comments:

Post a Comment