Monday, October 21, 2013

When One Human Life is Missed.

 
“In today's disposable culture, we throw away people like we do razors.” ~ Kelly Cutrone
This morning I read a tragic story about a young girl, who after having given birth, immediately asphyxiated her infant with the intent of 'throwing it away.' She was later found, wandering about with the dead child inside of her bag - oblivious to the loss of a life just begun.

I had to stop to re-read that text, and several times over again, as... in my heart I just couldn't understand the level of heartlessness in this act. How can any human life be so simply tossed away?

And yet, isn't this the sort of thing that happens each and every day? As we numb our senses to those in need, to our neighbors and our friends...assuming someone else, better suited to serve, will soon be on their way.

Have we become so spiritually separate that we're unable to reach through our fear and to someone elses' pain? And, how could we ever just turn away?

My dears, I've always believed that we are all born with the same capacity ~ an often overwhelming desire to manifest our most unconditional love.

And yet, still...we pause....and, inside the pause we become...so hopelessly lost. 

Meanwhile, Humanity's light quickly fades...

“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.”~ Mother Teresa
My dears, the world we live in is the world we have chosen...through each hesitation and all the opportunities missed.

If we want to change this world, my friends...we must find a way to change our ways...

And to offer love, its rightful space.

Namaste, my most beautiful friends ~ perhaps, we may be more mindful of these...the moments missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment