Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Gift From Alice.


“If we thought of life as a gift, we might not demand nearly as much from it. And if we lived more graciously, giving of ourselves more freely to the well-being of others, many of our personal concerns would disappear, and life would become easier for all.”
~ Lowell C. Bennion
I've posted this once or twice before, and always at a point in my life when I have felt I need it most.

And, in order to share that which causes my heart to smile so completely - with those I have grown to most love.

My dears, this is, perhaps, our most important lesson - that, no matter what the challenge or circumstances...in the end, we choose the world that surrounds us all.


At age 108, Holocaust survivor Alice Herz Sommer still practices piano for 3 hours every day. At age 104, she had a book written about her life: "A Garden Of Eden In Hell." At age 83, she had cancer. Alice survived the concentration camps through her music, her optimism and her gratitude for the small things that came her way - a smile, a kind word, the sun. When asked about the secret of her longevity, Alice says: "I look where it is good." - See more at: http://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=3008#sthash.coEJy4oV.dpuf
Much love, my dears ~ and I do hope you'll enjoy.


The Lady in Number 6 is one of the most inspirational stories ever told. 109 year old, Alice Herz Sommer, the world's oldest pianist and oldest holocaust survivor, shares her views on how to live a long happy life. She discusses the vital importance of music, laughter and having an optimistic outlook on life.

"Every day in life is beautiful," Herz-Sommer says. "Every day. It's beautiful."
Despite everything she's been through, this most beautiful spirit insists that she holds no hate for those who've caused such pain,

"I have lived through many wars and have lost everything many times -- including my husband, my mother and my beloved son...yet, life is beautiful, and I have so much to learn and enjoy. I have no space nor time for pessimism and hate.”
This powerfully inspirational video tells her amazing story of survival and how she managed to use her time in a Nazi concentration camp to empower herself and others with music.

See the entire documentary at: https://twitter.com/AliceTheFilm


No comments:

Post a Comment