Thursday, October 3, 2013

When Adventure Calls.

“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”
~ Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

I'm going on a bit of an adventure today; dusting off my bike and taking to the trails in a way that I have not ever done before.

And setting aside all constraints placed before me...letting the road speak to me in a way that is limitless.

For you see, I set my own rules around here. I manage my destiny, and I embrace my purpose.

And my purpose here is not to sit idly by, allowing the story to take unfold before me.

No, that will never do.  As this life, is meant to be lived...and not simply watched.

And, I choose to live this life in a manner that brings the most joy...to myself...to my friends...and to all of you.

This, I believe, to be my purpose.

And though this year has been filled with just a few challenges - on this day, I shall 'take the stage'...pull back these stale, musty curtains and stand before you, with heart set boldly to 'wide open'...

Knowing, that it's within these first few, desperately uncomfortable moments - that we are able to discover the truth of our own inner spirit.

This is the gift of 'groundlessness.'

And, even though we may tremble in our fear...know this - that just like a shooting star skipping across these heavens, one day... we too, shall illuminate this world.

This is the gift of our indomitable spirit - and the necessity for this life be filled with adventure.

My dears, today... I shall be taking to the trails that are, as of yet, unexplored...

And hoping you'll join me on my adventure today.


No comments:

Post a Comment