Friday, October 18, 2013

The Magic Inside.




“The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” ― W.B. Yeats
 
When I was a little girl, I saw a magician on the stage - and performing a variety of mystical matters, one of which convinced a man he was really a chicken.

And though, I was never the skeptical child - on this day, I recall thinking, "What a load of horse poo..."

Such is our belief sometimes in the magic of this world, that we may close our minds and scrinch our eyes tight to that which stands so clearly before us - and so very certain that our clever little minds could easily discern between the two.

How unwilling we are to believe in the power of these most subtle suggestions. Or, is it perhaps fear imposing an unsettled uncertainty that causes us to turn so quickly away.

And yet, we'll spend the last of our pennies on books which empower our own self-improvement.

Don't believe me?

Think of a moment in your life when someone called you a cruel name, or suggested you might not ever win. It's crushing to the spirit, now, isn't it?

I still remember the day my English teacher stood before the class, and sneered to me, "You will never be a writer...why not give up now while you're still ahead?" In that one instant, my belief in self almost nearly disappeared.

How very strange our mind is ~ that this mere suggestion might rip passion from its roots.

I've often wondered, how the direction of our lives has been forever changed by these such circumstances? How many opportunities won or lost...friendships born or crushed...moments cherished or denied...simply because we failed to see things properly?

And, how often have you believed the words of others over that of your own heart and soul?

Perhaps, there is some 'magic' in that chicken dance...that are lives can be transformed by a simple wave of the hand...

Or, maybe there's a little more to this 'magic' that we may have yet ever realized...

That the truest magic is inside...and truth be told, our brains will believe anything we do.

Namaste, and much love my most beautiful friends ~


No comments:

Post a Comment