Friday, October 4, 2013

My Best Advice for Living.

 
“A kind of light spread out from her. And everything changed color. And the world opened out. And a day was good to awaken to. And there were no limits to anything. And the people of the world were good and handsome. And I was not afraid any more.” ~ John Steinbeck, East of Eden 
I was asked the other day my advice for living. It seemed such an odd request, you know - as we all have our own individual paths. And...how can one bit of insight be so completely suitable to all?

But, I suppose if I should have to offer a few short words, it would be just this, 
We set such high expectations for ourselves - of all that we should say, do and be. That we end up missing out on the best part of this life, and the richness of our 'now' state of being.

My dears, life isn't happening to you...rather, you are the one choosing how you will connect with this world.

And yet, in the flash of a moment our minds will craft stories intended to buffer our pain, our rage, our fear....and our sorrow. But these stories never help...they end up hurting us instead.

So stop being so critical. Do the best that you can do. Because, all of this - as uncomfortable as it may seem, shall one day become part of your goodness, as well.

And all of these awfully very big emotions? They are all signs of a heart that is awakening.

So, don't be so quick to pull away from these emotions that you feel. Rather, embrace them, instead.

As, perhaps they are here simply to show you where your own 'closed off' is?

;-)

Namaste, my most beautiful friends ~ and know, that I love you in all of your many bumped up and busted up ways.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment