Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What's Keeping You From Being Free?



“The day I understood everything, was the day I stopped trying to figure everything out. The day I knew peace was the day I let everything go.” ~ C. JoyBell C.

Why are we so afraid to let go of those things we can not change? To feel the joy of a heart, unburdened and a spirit that has been suddenly freed?

My dears, the other I found myself sitting alone, once again, inside my doctor's waiting room. Truth be told, over this past year - I've spent far more than my fair share, siting in this very same, horribly uncomfortable, office chair.

And, I could count the many times I let my own mind slip deeply into that well of endless wonderings on...

What do I do...? How will things change...? Will I ever find my way...?

You see, this well of wondering goes on and on...it never stops...taking with it all and every single moment of our every day, pulling us away from those things that matter most of all.

It's interesting, isn't it - how easily we are distracted? How quickly our minds spin together the details of a story that's no where close to being done...and in that split-second moment when our 'knowing' is gone.

In doing so, we become the only obstacle to our very own 'moving on'...and yet, we tend to blame our 'stuck' on so many other things.

If only, we could just learn to get out of our own way. To relinquish our stories, and let go of this incessant chattering on - to allow ourselves the simple freedom of living precisely in this moment right here.

Free from the upset...

Free from the unsettledness...

Free from the worry and the grief.

With just only enough space to breathe...

Just imagine, what a wonderful world this might be.


So, my dears, let me ask you - what is it that's keeping you from being free?


No comments:

Post a Comment