Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Finding Your Voice.



Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

I remember once, some many years ago when my son was first attending day care. He was having a most difficult time adjusting to this his newest transition. At just 2 years old, I believe he was doing quite well - in spite of those tears.

One day, he was beginning to melt down just a bit as I was readying to walk out the door. My instinct as a Mother was to scoop him up in my arms. But his caregiver at the time, the sweetest gentlest charming southern soul-grabbed my arm, and held it fast...and in order to tell me, "no".

"Find your voice baby," she said softly to my son.

And in just long enough for him to draw a deep breath he said, "I want to go home."

I was so very proud of him that day. Not because of that mini-meltdown in the classroom...but rather, because on that day...my son... found his voice.

So, I pray this day that each and all and every single one of you may have the strength to find that inner voice... particularly, on those days...when it is needed the very most.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment