Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Stargazers in My Garden.


The garden of the world has no limits, except in your mind." ~ Rumi
This morning, as I walked to my car and thinking about this great day ahead - I paused to notice the new life making its way through the garden bed.

I had planted some Stargazers her, some so many years ago - they were a gift to me from my children, and a reminder of someone very close to home.

For some reason, and even to this day, I'm not quite so sure - those beautiful Stargazers that once pierced the sky with their brilliance - just simply stopped coming up to greet me.

I was so very distraught - certainly, I missed these most magnificent blooms, but more so I missed what these blooms meant to me.

We sometimes grow attached to those things which can not be fully seen - a certain smell of a flower's fragrance brings me right back to when I was just 3.

Each year I watched with hopeful anticipation, waiting for these Stargazers to return - and each year, I let out the most discouraged of sighs, thinking I might not ever see these blooms again.

Truth be told, I had nearly given up - at least, in my heart, I had let go...just a little.

Isn't it amazing how when we finally let go, the things we love most come back to greet us?

Namaste, my most beautiful friends ~ embrace this day with both arms fully extended.


  


No comments:

Post a Comment