Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Thing That Matters Most (You).


“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~ Maya Angelou

I love this quote, by author, poet and most beautiful light of this universe, Maya Angelou.

I like it because it sums up so completely how I have always felt about life and about being.

Even as a little girl, when all others around me were planning out their 'what do I wish to be in this world's ~ I remember sitting carefully and wondering with all of my 8-year-old capacity..."yes, but isn't there something more?"

Indeed, there is much more to this life ~ more than status, by-lines, money will every accrue...it's the legacy that matters most of all...and that legacy, my dears, is you.

It's that one moment that you smile to a stranger - never knowing the depth of this person's most recent loss.

It's in the softness of your voice when you say, 'that's ok, keep trying..we'll get this...just watch' - never knowing the person with who you are speaking, almost nearly just gave up...

It's in the life that we share...our hearts...spirits...souls....

It's in the kindness that we give each day...unconditionally.

It's in the way that you are right here...for me now...and reading just this.

My dears, may we all step into this world each day....ever-mindful of the greater importance of our presence here...

Because, my most beautiful friends...there is something much more.

The mud is this earth, my dears...you are...are it's flower.
 
Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment