Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Passion Inside.


“The brave don't live forever but the cautious don't live at all. The only thing that's truly terrifying is the unlived life.”

I was thinking over life this morning, and just as I often do ~ with my faithful pup, snoring at my side, and the sight of the sun coming up over the fence line. 
 
So often, we find ourselves in this space of 'holding back' ~ an endless loop of hesitation, fearfulness, and regret...

Meanwhile, these moments keep passing ~ just as sure as this sun shall once again take its place over this fence line, and I shall stand here gazing upwards and wondering over this life I have lived.
 
“…feelings like disappointment, embarrassment, irritation, resentment, anger, jealousy, and fear, instead of being bad news, are actually very clear moments that teach us where it is that we’re holding back. They teach us to perk up and lean in when we feel we’d rather collapse and back away. They’re like messengers that show us, with terrifying clarity, exactly where we’re stuck. This very moment is the perfect teacher, and, lucky for us, it’s with us wherever we are.”


Life is just this way ~ a continuous push-pull balance between our deepest fears and the most brilliant aspects of our divine spirit.
 
We stand there frozen in our own hesitation, fearful of moving closer to our humanness.
 
I choose to live a life filled with all of my chances taken,
And, each of these stones turned over at least once again.
I choose to live my life with open heart, and no words ever left unspoken,
I choose to live a life of no regrets. 
 
My dears, there is one thing I have learned over these oh-so many years...
 
That is....it's this very passion inside that makes us fearless...

Namaste, my most beautiful friends ~



No comments:

Post a Comment