Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Little Something About Our Connectedness.



“We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects.”

~ Herman Melville 

I was thinking over a few things this morning, and as I settled into my most favorite chair on the farthest corner of my garden patio.

And, as I watched the steam rise in brilliant swirls to greet the crisp morning air ~ I couldn't help but to think over all of this world's 'connectedness.'

From something as simple as watching the steam rise from my mug, I am reminded of the million and one simple things that bring us all here together as one...

We humans are a curious sort, always wallowing about in our loneliness ~ but, how can we feel so very much alone in a universe that insists upon our connectedness?

My dears, “just as the wave cannot exist for itself, but is ever a part of the heaving surface of the ocean"

so, too, must we always remember that we are a most integral part of all that which surrounds us...

Because, my most beautiful friends, in the end ~ we are all, very much, 'connected.'





No comments:

Post a Comment