Saturday, July 20, 2013

My Friend, "Dawn."



“Veil after veil of thin dusky gauze is lifted, and by degrees the forms and colours of things are restored to them, and we watch the dawn remaking the world in its antique pattern.”
Oscar Wilde 

I have developed a wonderful habit over these years, of taking these moments, when both time and spirit allow ~ to greet, each day, the morning sun and from our favorite meeting spot...two well-worn steel chairs on the back corner of my old stone garden patio.

She always amazes me, my dearest friend, Dawn ~ like an old Southern Belle, tossing with great relish the bright fabrics of her chiffon dress as she sashays her way into this most magnificent ballroom, and beaming with the pride of a history, so grande...

And though, great men have tried for many years to woo her...to draw her nearer ~ my dear friend, Dawn, slips always away without notice and just before her visit grows too long. We Southern gals know best when to leave the party ~ with only the soft hint of honeysuckle and the memory of our smiles left behind.

You see, a true lady never stays beyond her welcome...and her allure steeped in a tradition of effervescent loveliness...

Making her visits here to my garden each day as welcomed as a sip of iced-cold sweet tea on a hot and milky summer's morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment