Wednesday, September 18, 2013

On This Path...



“The mind can go in a thousand directions, but on this beautiful path, I walk in peace. With each step, the wind blows. With each step, a flower blooms.” ~ Thích Nhất Hạnh
Today, my most beautiful friends, I am reminded...

Reminded that this path of grass beneath my feet, on this day, has not ever felt as 'green'...

Reminded, that this morning sky ablaze with such fire, shall not ever know these bold hues once more...

Reminded that these winds, carrying the ripened scent of fallen leaves, shall not ever blow this gently again..

And, will this cider ever taste as sweet?


My dears, all things are impermanent, at best...and, these moments we cling to, have already passed.

Meanwhile, the chattering mind takes us away...folding minutes into hours, and hours onto days. 

Unless, we make that choice to stay...and open our minds fully to the beauty of this day. 


Namaste, my most beautiful friends... and may we all walk this path in peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment