Thursday, November 21, 2013

This Path of Possibility.



I love this poem by Robert Frost, as it takes me back to a time when I was just a little girl...and not much higher than the tallest of our counter tops.

Most striking, was the feeling of true limitlessness that washed over me through the course of a few simple words.

I remember thinking, "Someday, when I grow up..."

Funny, how some things never change ~ that even throughout these so very many long years...still I stand, with young girl's heart so filled with dreams.

And, no matter how uninviting that trail ahead - I have never, not once, ever stopped believing..

In this, the road not taken...and on this path where the possibilities are endless.

"Someday, when I grow up..."

 And, that my dears...has made all the difference.

Namaste, my most beautiful friends - and here's to that road, less traveled.

The Road Not Taken
 
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment