Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Having Faith Enough to Soar.

 

“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.” ~ Kurt Vonnegut
A dear friend of mine wrote a most brilliant passage the other day, and one which I gladly posted to my daily news feed. She has a way of spinning her words into the most magnificent of images - a true artist down to her deepest core.

I remember first meeting her, this new writer filled with the excitement of having just broken through her shell - hesitant, uncertain...and precarious in her steps.


I have taken such great delight in watching this most beautiful spirit grow. As I have so many others who, have learned to give so unconditionally each day from their soul.

They are my heroes, my inspiration - as, their purpose fuels my resolve.

You know, finding one's heart can often prove a difficult sort of business - as we find ourselves standing at the highest point of our sharpest spiritual cliff, toes inching forward as that feeling of unabated nervousness grows deeply within our 'pit.'

And, I...I want so very much to be that one hand, reaching through doubt's heaviest mist - offering comfort when fear seems to take hold.

My dears, I want so very much to help you soar.

To share with you how boldness feels, as the wind rushes through your hair...

Let go, my dears - and leave unease at the stepping off point...

Fashion your wings from fearlessness...and have faith enough to soar

The view is so very much better up here - when it is that we finally understand the gift of our flight.

Namaste, my most beautiful friends ~ and try not to be so fearful of life's 'edges.'




No comments:

Post a Comment