Monday, November 25, 2013

The Greatest Blessing Ever Known.

“All the possibilities of your human destiny are asleep in your soul. You are here to realize and honor these possibilities. When love comes in to your life, unrecognized dimensions of your destiny awaken and blossom and grow. Possibility is the secret heart of time.” ~ John O'Donohue

I've been under just the smallest bit of stress these past few days. With the holidays fast approaching, I am well reminded that son will not be joining us this year.

And though, I always knew one day my children would grow up and venture outwards - still, I find myself pining over a extra dinner setting that won't be used.

Yet, in all things, there is always balance - and, even in these passing years I am so very gently reminded.

You see, I raised my children with a single intention - that they should always be fearless explorers.

I want them to ponder the impossible...attempt the unimaginable...and fall headfirst into a life worth living.

To seize each moment with the voracity of a young child standing at the doorway, and looking out after the season's first big snow.


To cherish even the harshest of challenges, knowing there's something to be gained in facing one's fear.

To carry the light of hope with them always, even in those moments they may feel most overwhelmed.

And yet, here I stand in my own 'having forgottens' - mulling over the very thing I wanted most of all.

To have raised a child to believe in possibility, is the greatest blessing ever known.

"Look, and look again.
This world is not just a little thrill for your eyes.

It’s more than bones.
It’s more than the delicate wrist with its personal pulse.
It’s more than the beating of a single heart.
It’s praising.
It’s giving until the giving feels like receiving.
You have a life- just imagine that!
You have this day, and maybe another, and maybe
Still another…

And I have become the child of the clouds, and of hope.
I have become the friend of the enemy, whoever that is.
I have become older and, cherishing what I have learned,
I have become younger.

And what do I risk to tell you this, which is all I know?
Love yourself. Then forget it. Then, love the world. ”


No comments:

Post a Comment