Sunday, November 10, 2013

This Is Your Life - Live It (That Means, "Now")

The Holsteen Manifesto.
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." ~ Jack London

I love this quote by author Jack London. Even as a young girl, his words resonated so very deeply within me.

There was always a deep knowing within me, that the purpose of this life is to live.

And, yet inevitably it's our fear that keeps us so solidly tucked away - ironically, fearing life, as much as death, in the end.

We become so helplessly pulled into this emotion of fear, that we never once leave the 'security' of our head.
"Your fear is always about what's going to happen next. That means your fear is always about that which does not exist."
But, this fear can be teacher if you wish it - and the mind can set you free if you believe it.

And, there's a life to be lived within all of us ~

Namaste, and many blessings on this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment