Saturday, November 23, 2013

A Lesson in LIfe And, As Shared to Me By My Dog.

Nudnick, at rest.
“A person can learn a lot from a dog, even a loopy one like ours. Marley taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about seizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things-a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shaft of winter sunlight. And as he grew old and achy, he taught me about optimism in the face of adversity. Mostly, he taught me about friendship and selflessness and, above all else, unwavering loyalty.” ~ John Grogan, Marley and Me

I heard a scribble-scratch at my bedroom door this morning...tentative, at first...and with just a hint of, "I do hope she's awake."

My dearest pup, Nudnick, a dog who lives for burrowing muzzle-first into the coziest of comforts - had spent all night, sans doggie blanket, outside my door. Waiting, with the keenest of puppy dog senses, for that single moment of stirring inside the deepest solitude of night.

And I, a crumpled up, half-awake mess of a 'human'...shuffled my stiffened self to the door to let him in.

It took him less than 20 seconds to find what he had been waiting so patiently for - a curled up cocoon of a spot, nearest the the heart he loves most of all.

Little pups have such an uncanny way of getting straight away through to exactly what they want. I suppose that's because their "oh dear, what if" button has been permanently switched to off.

My dears, we could learn so very much from our dogs - to hone in on our heart's desire, before the clutter of thinking settles in.

To fall into the unbridled exuberance of life....surrendering fully to this, the moment right now.

Can you imagine the joy in beginning each day wrapped in a bliss such as this?

So resolute of purpose, to let nothing stand in one's way.

My dears, this is how I choose to begin each day...with the blessing of these, such simple things that carry with them the greatest joy of all.

Namaste, and much love on this day....


No comments:

Post a Comment