Friday, May 31, 2013

Let Me Be...Me.


“Dear God," she prayed, "let me be something every minute of every hour of my life. Let me be gay; let me be sad. Let me be cold; let me be warm. Let me be hungry...have too much to eat. Let me be ragged or well dressed. Let me be sincere - be deceitful. Let me be truthful; let me be a liar. Let me be honorable and let me sin. Only let me be something every blessed minute. And when I sleep, let me dream all the time so that not one little piece of living is ever lost.”― Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
To my most beautiful son, and as you take that first big step out into this world...

Pay attention to the moments, my dear - the littler ones are often the best.

And always keep those eyes set wide to open, even in times when you'd much rather tuck away.

Life can be difficult, my dear, I know...but I promise you, it's often in some of our darkest moments...that life shares with us its greatest gift...

And, it's ok to feel afraid and sad, at times - but know this, you are never alone...

Because, with each new step you take out into this world — a piece of me will always be coming along with you.

You are my light, my most beautiful son...and you shall always be the better part of me.

Because, you see...my gift...has always been you.

Now go out there, my love...live....and be something....every minute of every hour of your days...

I am so very proud of you...

Love, Mommy 









No comments:

Post a Comment