Sunday, May 26, 2013

Why I Love to Stargaze.

 “If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and adore.”― Ralph Waldo Emerson 

I love stargazing.

I love looking up into the heavens and wondering about their 'endlessness.'

I love the way the grass feels against my back—soft, and just a little wet from the dew...but always, always cozy enough for me to stay, gazing back, just the littlest of while longer.

And, as I let my eyes move from star light to star bright...I engage my mind in the most thoughtful of 'wonderings on.'

I think about the very first person to stare up at the heavens on a night just like this.

I wonder what they must have thought about the depths of this sky's continuousness.

And, sometimes it is...on a night just like this...that I think about how far it is from that star right there to this one right here. 

Sometimes, I wonder, if there's anyone laying on a patch of cold, wet grass, looking out and back at me.

But inevitably towards the end of the night, I realize how their light is helping me to find my light within.
"I think that we are like stars. Something happens to burst us open; but when we burst open and think we are dying; we’re actually turning into a supernova. And then when we look at ourselves again, we see that we’re suddenly more beautiful than we ever were before!” ― C. JoyBell C.

No comments:

Post a Comment