Tuesday, May 28, 2013

No One Saves Us But Ourselves.


“No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” ― Gautama Buddha
I have only just a few moments this morning, before I zip off into the busy-ness of my day. A day filled with appointments, and doctor visits, and much of the same sort of "carrying on"s.

It's so easy to become swept away. Even myself, as I was driving in this morning, I felt a 'tightening' within my chest - as my mind engaged itself in the most rambling of early morning dialogues. "What if...then what...?" I thought to myself.

And then, just like that...it stopped.

And, I realized that this world...my world...is exactly and most precisely as I think it to be.

It doesn't matter at all what's going on in my world.

What matters more and most of all is how I choose to respond to my day.

Today, and in spite of all these goings on, I choose to be love and to love my whole world.

Namaste, and much love to you this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment