Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Formed on the Wings of Happenstance.



 “Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.” ~ Marcus Aurelius

A friend sent something wonderful to me, just the other day. And though, we've only just really 'met' - in a sense, I feel I've known her forever.

Such is the nature of these such things...when friendships are formed on the wings of happenstance, and tucked inside the curious fold of this, the everlasting.

I have always been blessed in just this way...fate weaving it's threads through life's delicate sheers.

And I am left, always...so wonderfully amazed.

Fate will always find you, my dears. Even into the darkest hour...there she waits, "Hello, my friend...it's so good to see you once again."

And, with smiling eyes I shall return her glance...knowing Fate will soon  yield to Destiny's hand.

When we're able to give Fate her chance...we'll find a whole new world is born...right within our grasp.

Much love, and many blessings my dears ~ and may we be ever-mindful to the magic of happenstance.


Variation on a Theme by Rilke:
by Denise Levertov

"A certain day became a presence to me,
there it was, confronting me -- a sky, air, light:
a being. And before it started to descend
from the height of noon, it leaned over
and struck my shoulder as if with
the flat of a sword, granting me
honor and a task. The day's blow
rang out; metallic -- or it was I, a bell awakened,
and what i heard was my whole self
saying and singing what it knew: I can."

No comments:

Post a Comment