Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Leaves ~

Remember a time, when you were very young ~ how exciting it was to race through the woods and all those fallen leaves...how eager we were to find within ALL of those leaves that 'most spectacular one' of all?

Do you remember how amazing it felt to hold that one single leaf in your hands, taking in each little splotch and dab of fabulous color, and turning it over carefully to view each of those tiny little lines and veins. Sometimes, it seemed I could spend hours locked into this gaze ~ drawn in by this little masterpiece that I had found laying on the forest floor. It seemed with each subtle twist and turn, I would discover something even more breathtaking. And I would only find my way back when it seemed my heart was satisfied that I had looked over each and every leaf.

This is why, when people ask my favorite season - I will always smile and say, "I love fall most of all." Because, when fall does make its way through to this point of my year - I am once again, most happily and excitedly a kid again racing my way through the woods.

I hope you enjoy the colors, as much as I do, too. If you would like to see those colors up close - you can do so by clicking here

No comments:

Post a Comment