Saturday, December 22, 2012

One hand to ship. One hand to me.

"One hand to ship. One hand to me."

It's not something we often think of as we move into the busyness and noise of our day ~ focussing all of what we have in that which we are doing, sometimes pushing all of our own hearts so cleanly out of the way. How is it that we have become so detached from self?

"One hand to ship. One hand to me."

Any old sailor will tell you, this is the way to steer that ship without losing one's balance. But in many ways, it reminds us ~ that in giving energy to the work in front us, we must also be mindful to our own self in that process. In this way, we don't lose ourselves in the activity of doing. In this way, we are able to stay in balance and always present. Only when we are present, are we fully open to the moment.

"One hand to ship. One hand to me." 

Remember this, as you move through each moment of your day ~ namaste.


3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say I read your post on Elephant Journal and I loved it.

    I am sitting here in Sydney, Australia and have just endured Xmas with my step family, which nearly made me cry.

    So from Sydney to you, I hope you got that hug and if you didnt I hope you accept mine.

    Hug!!!!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sara ~ what a beautiful way to start this day, and how wonderful to make a new friend all the way around this world and in Sydney, Australia.

    Thank you, for this most amazing gift of your hug. You shall always have one here waiting for you, as well.

    Hug!!!

    Tara Lemieux

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps - when there are those around you who cause you to feel sadness... remember, in that moment, they are *also* your teacher, too...

    just a little something I learned in this journey along my way..

    much love,

    Tara

    ReplyDelete